Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Somebody

Somebody

I dream of being somebody.

I used to work full-time.

I used to work and attend graduate school. I have headed data collection for grants which had my name on them. I presented my research at two national conferences and one international conference.

I earned an Associate’s, Bachelors, and Master’s Degree. I went as far a pilot project and dissertation away from a Ph.D.

I am trying to work.

I have a host of mental illnesses: Borderline personality disorder, Bipolar 1 Mre Depressed with Severe Psychotic Features, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, PTSD, and OCD.

I can be fine one day.

The next day I stay in bed all day.

Medication helps my mood stabilize, and I entertain multiple counselors, but it isn't enough.

The judge at the disability hearing last year,told that I could be a laundry worker of which there are 1,086 positions in North Carolina and 140,658 positions nationwide; a sorter of which there are 1,220 positions in North Carolina and 133,174 positions nationwide; and marker-labeler of which there are 2,010 positions in North Carolina and 185,254 positions nationwide.

I am allergic to bleach.
                                ~anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment