Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Middle

I find myself in the middle of MANY things right now: my Christmas Season expectations, making Pathway Outreach Ministries NC a non-profit organization, writing a memoir, creating a business to employ men and women having difficulty finding work because of homelessness, past incarcerations  or a host of other past situations where as a result they are now at a disadvantage for securing steady employment, finding a part time paying job, contemplating a romantic relationship that has more downs than ups, recovering from multiple and varied aspects of character defects, and reading 8 books. I could write more but the remainder seem silly to actually write down on paper.

At the 2012 Global Leadership Conference, Bill Hybels asked ministry leaders, "Where is vision most vulnerable to failure?  Toward the start or toward the middle or toward the end?" Then he said, "It is right in the middle. You start out sprinting. And when you get closer to the end, you are sprinting to the finish."

Am I whining? No. I'm just lacking focus. The first important step in solving a problem is to be able to identify it. Okay, step one complete.

How am I going to solve this 'middle business'? I am going to write down where I want to see myself regarding each thing I currently find myself in the middle of in one year, in 3 years, in 6 months, and 1 month. If I don't know where I want to end up at, I sure can't make any direction toward getting there. Doing this should help me to regain my focus and recognize the next step to make.

Nothing here is rocket science. I need to break things down into manageable parts.

The paradox is that I just put myself in the middle of something else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment